Apr 11, 2014
Please join us for our BIG, 20% off all Usborne event this Sunday, from 10am-5pm.
Mar 29, 2014
Best of NH 2014 Poll
We were so thrilled to find out we'd won New Hampshire magazine's 2013 Best Local Toy Store award!!
A big Thank You to all that voted, and to all of you who have supported us since 1978!
Best of NH 2013 award
Mar 28, 2014
'Is it Spring yet?' Email
Make sure you check your email for the latest G.Willikers! news... we have a lot of fun events coming up this month to celebrate our 36th anniversary. Click on the photo, or go to http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs182/1101963427027/archive/111692743..., to see our latest events letter. We hope to see you on Market Street to help us celebrate!!
If you are not signed up to receive our emails yet, you can do so on our home page.
Mar 26, 2014
We've chosen Gambies as the next woman owned company to highlight on the blog. This wonderful company from Bath, Maine is owned and operated by Margarte Jane Conover. She produces a wonderful, hand printed and 100% cotton, hooded gown that can be worn from infancy through toddlerhood, which is whi it's one of our go-to babygifts in the store. Gambies will keep your little one warm and cozy for many years; Just take out the bottom drawstring once the baby turns 3 month, and it can be worn as a cover-up/sweatshirt for many years to come.
We hope you'll check out this wonderful company the next time you visit G.Willikers!
Mar 19, 2014
Children's Day 2013 Logo
Children's Day is one of G.Willkers! favorite days of the year!!
As always this years Children's Day will be held on the first Sunday in May, which will be Sunday, May 4th, 2014.
As is tradition, Pro Portsmouth, which is the organizer of Children's Day, is having a contest to create the Logo for this years events! If your child might be interested, check out the Pro Portsmouth website for more information. Below is a short overview of the guidelines!! We think there's a lot of little artists out there that might have a ball with this contest- what better than to see your design up all over town!!
Here are a few guidelines for 2014:
- Artists under age 12 are eligible to submit drawings and designs
- Please use a MAXIMUM of 4 colors
- The image should be drawn and submitted on 8.5” x 11” paper
- You can use colored paper, markers, crayons and colored pencils to create your design – the key: the image must be flat (so it can be scanned into a computer)
- The deadline for submission is Friday, March 28th
- Ideas: Show us what the day means to you…fill in the blank: “Children’s Day is BLANK”; try to incorporate the year 2014.
- Get creative – your drawings should be festive, fun and recognizable.
Please submit your entries to:
Pro Portsmouth, Inc.
P.O. Box 967